BHS training courses & seminars 2019-2021 : Plasma cell disordersLe 24/04/2021 • 9h00 > 13h00
Hof Ter Musschen, UCL St-Luc campus, Av. Emmanuel Mounierlaan 2, Brussels
The BHS training course and seminars have been offered for many years to individuals interested in the practice of clinical and laboratory hematology. The aim of the course is to provide evidence-based theoretical teaching as well as practical information about the diagnosis and treatment of hematological disorders. The course is designed as a 2-year cycle including 6 or 7 seminars per year, covering each a major theme of hematology. Each seminar is divided into 5-6 topics related to the main theme.
Topics of this seminar
- MGUS and (smoldering) multiple myeloma: biology and clinical aspects
- Multiple myeloma: first line treatment
- Multiple myeloma: further lines of treatments
- Management of disease- and treatment-related complications in multiple myeloma
- Other plasma cell disorders (solitary plasmacytoma, cryoglobulinemia, POEMS, HCD,...)
Program of the 2-year cycle
Second year 2020-2021
24 April 2021
Seminar 13 - Plasma cell disorders
Coordinators : Karel Fostier (Aalst) / Jo Caers (ULg)
5 June 2021
BHS Exam - Course seminars 2019-2021
Seminars will take place at the Hof Ter Musschen on the UCL St-Luc campus in Brussels from 9:00hrs. to 13:00hrs.
Attendance to the seminar is free for BHS members, including trainees. A fee may be requested from non-BHS members.
Trainees in hematology or in Clinical Biology are invited to register on line on the BHS website the beginning of the 2-year cycle. Other BHS members are welcome to attend the course without previous registration.
- Accreditation will be requested from the RIZIV/INAMI for each seminar.